After Sean Spicer Backlash, 'Queer Eye' Star Karamo Brown Deletes Twitter

Monday August 26, 2019

"Queer Eye" star Karamo Brown has deleted his Twitter account after being criticized for appearing on "Dancing with the Stars" alongside former press sectary for President Trump Sean Spicer.

After the cast was announced last week, Brown, who is openly gay, faced a Twitter backlash from those who took issue with him starring on the reality show and for his comments he made about Spicer. Speaking with "Access Hollywood," he called Spicer "a good guy" and "a really sweet guy," adding that he wants to have a conversation with him.


Responding to someone who was upset that Brown is starring on "DTWS" with Spicer, the Fab Five member wrote: "First, I have no say who is on the cast and didn't find out till this morning that he is on! But I'll tell you this... I'm excited to sit down w/ him and engage in a respectful conversations. Only way things get better is if we try to educate those who have different POV than us."

In another deleted tweet, Brown, 38, said he "can't stand people" who tweet "just to flame the fire and get a reaction."

"We fight harder than your ass ever has for people of color and members of the LGBTQIA community," he wrote.

"Queer Eye" costar Bobby Berk defended Brown on Twitter but has since deleted those comments, "Entertainment Tonight" reports.

"As if being on @DancingABC was the stars wasn't already one of the most grueling things anyone can put themselves through, celebs now have to deal with the producers and casting planting political land mines to blow you up. I'm very saddened by what my cast mate @Karamo is having to deal with today," he wrote. "We've been trained over and over not to talk smack about anyone in an [interview] and to try and be as nice as possible. When being backed in a corner about voicing his opinions about @seanspicer Karamo's media training kicked in as we are trained to do."

Berk also called out ABC for putting Brown on a cast with Spicer.

"It's frankly a really [shitty] situation to be put in and @ABCNetwork should be ashamed of themselves for having to put the cast in the position of having to take a political side on a fucking dance competition," he added.


On Friday, Brown deleted his Twitter account. His Instagram is still up, however, he disabled followers from commenting on his posts and has't posted in the last four days.

"DWTS" host Tom Bergeron also voiced his concern with Spicer joining the show.


Speaking with "E.T.," Spicer said he's joining "DWTS" so people an "see a different side" of him that isn't him "just standing at a podium tussling with members of the media."

Spicer hasn't reacted to the Brown drama, but did retweet President Donald Trump's support for him joining "DWTS."


Comments on Facebook